Steve Kowalke delivers outstanding results through focus, alignment, problem solving, and process improvement. He knows how to make organizations excel.
Solves difficult problems
Drives policy deployment
Analyzes markets for best opportunities
Creates successful business strategies
- Experienced Engineering, Marketing, and Sales Director across a wide range of businesses.
- Directed Business Units, Product Development, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales Organizations
- Launched Start-up Business in an emerging market
- Created Product Development and Market Research processes – implemented across several businesses.
- Developed Strategic Plans for Start-up and Mature Businesses.
- Strong track-record of utilizing market segmentation and targeting to drive growth
- Delivered process improvement through implementation of lean tools and principles throughout multiple organizations and disciplines
- International experience as a supplier to Japanese OEMs and as a manufacturer in China for global consumer markets.
- Over 10 years with Delphi Automotive Systems/General Motors
- Over 5 years with Danaher Corporation
- Over 2 years consulting with product and technology based companies
BSEE — Kettering University
MSE — Kettering University
Masters in Engineering Management
— McCormick School, Northwestern University
MBA – Kellogg School, Northwestern University
Steve brings a practical approach to strategic planning and is able to help the organization focus on the critical few issues. He is adept at linking strategy to execution and aids in developing and implementing solutions across all functional areas. He is skilled at helping clients identify appropriate metrics to ensure that results are achieved and sustained. Steve helps clients consider execution in the development of strategy.
Steve’s experience with organizations in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America provides the global perspective needed to be successful in today’s environment. He thrives on teamwork across functional and cultural boundaries.
Steve’s management experience in segments ranging from automotive, supply chain technology to consumer products combined with a strong educational background provides the basis to offer clients a wide range of solutions and best-practices.